This course is the introduction and prerequisite to all other ITR courses. The skills learned will equip a person to be trauma-effective and parts-informed. This course benefits those working with traumatized people in any field. This is essential for mental health practitioners and all support roles.
This course includes the ITR Workbook and Psychoeducation Cards.
ATC 101 Dates/Times 9am-5pm CT, choose date: Dec 8 2023 or Jan 12, 2024
6.5 CEs with NBCC and NASW
- Active Listening and Building Rapport
- Understand and identify traumatic stress, triggers, and fixed states
- Have the knowledge to identify when someone is “ungrounded” and be able to explain and administer mental health first aid techniques
- Explain and create a Safe Place
- Explain how the brain responds to trauma
- Explain the ITR® components and what the body does during a trauma
- Explain the basic concept of True Self and Parts
- Explain and be able to create a True Self and Parts Map
- Explain and build a basic timeline
- Explain briefly what a Graphic Narrative® is
- Explain briefly what an Externalized Dialogue® is
Groups of 20+ or more can schedule a private in-person or Zoom course. Contact Us
No Refunds or Cancellations once a seat has been reserved.